Compiling extension with Visual C++ Toolkit Compiler - MSVCR80.dll

alexandre_irrthum at yahoo.com alexandre_irrthum at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 09:30:12 EST 2007

Thanks for your answers Martin and Peter,

I figured out why python.exe was asking for MSVCR80.dll. The first
time I compiled the library, MS Visual C++ Express 2005 was used
during the build (despite my PATH pointing to MS Visual C++ Toolkit
2003). When I removed Express 2005, I forgot to remove the build
directory of my library. I've also had to remove and reinstall the C++
Toolkit, the platform SDK and the .NET Framework SDK and modify
msvccompiler.py and my environment variables according to:

http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/index.html

but finally it did work.

And Peter, your solution worked perfectly. A great alternative to
installing all the MS libraries.

Cheers,

alex