2.3-2.5 what improved?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 17 16:20:31 EST 2007

At Wednesday 17/1/2007 10:29, billie wrote:

> > Python 2.5 became quite fat. For bare CGI the Python load/init
> > time eats all improvements. Smaller scripts even loose lot of speed.
>What do you mean? Fat of libraries or fat itself?
>I tought that 2.5 was faster than precedent versions! :-\

It runs faster, but has a slower start time. For CGI, when you launch
a new process with every request, this is bad.
(This is a general problem with CGI itself - perhaps one should
consider other alternatives, like FastCGI, mod_python, WSGI...)

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.