C/C++, Perl, etc. to Python converter

Richard Charts richard.charts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 11:18:47 EST 2007

mm wrote:
> Is there a Perl to Python converter?
> Or in general: a XY to Python converter?
>
> Is see, that Python is much better then Perl anyway.
> But for beginners, they whant to konw how is this done with Python etc.
>
> Sure, there are some docus out there in the internet. But a converter?
I don't know of any converter, but I have seen a number of tutorials
that show how to do OO things in both perl and python for example.
Avi Kak of Purdue U. has one such tutorial.
When I took his class, he had a large package of notes that he said was
the basis for his next book.  It doesn't look like he ever got around
to publishing that one.
However, if you google his homepage, he does have at last one tutorial
posted for Perl vs. Python.