DCOP memory leak?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Jan 31 13:51:56 EST 2007

On Jan 31, 6:46 pm, "TimD... at gmail.com" <TimD... at gmail.com> wrote:

> The code I posted is not my actual program and was only to demonstrate
> my problem. The complete program I'm writing uses QT and so the loop
> is replaced by a Timer event.
> I tried out the suggestion. I had already tried the del dcop
> instruction, so I knew that wasn't it. I also placed the DCOP variable
> outside my loop but that didn't help either.

You might get a precise answer to your question if you send a message
to the PyQt/PyKDE mailing list:

The original authors and contributors of various Python DCOP modules
read that list, so there's a chance they can either solve your problem
or offer some advice on how to work around it.

> What I did notice that my program only grew in memory use when the
> 'ok, Ms = AmarokDcopRes.player.trackCurrentTimeMs() ' code was
> executed (or any other function using the AmarokDcopRes variable like
> 'ok, volume = AmarokDcopRes.player.getVolume()' )

Do you find the same problem with other DCOP interfaces?

David