"Subscribing" to topics?

Kirk Sluder kirk at nospam.jobsluder.net
Sun Feb 4 19:17:24 EST 2007

In article <1170623565.106773.263940 at m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mizipzor" <mizipzor at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 9:55 pm, Toby A Inkster <usenet200... at tobyinkster.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > You discovered wrong -- Google does not provide a free newsserver. They no
> > doubt *have* several newsservers, but don't provide direct access to them
> > either free, or for a fee. They only provide a web interface to access the
> > contents of their newsservers, with a fraction of the features that a real
> > newsreader would.
>
> Hehe, it has all the features I knew existed in a newsreader, except
> this "subscribe to topic" thing Im looking for.

If you have My Groups enabled, you can highlight a topic as a
favorite. When reading a thread, click on the star near the upper
left corner of the screen under the subject header.  This will add
that subject to your favorites.  Then to see your favorite topics,
click "favorites" at the top of the page, toward the right-hand side.

In an email client, you can set a filter that dumps messages from a
list that don't match specific keywords into the trash or an archive
folder.