The Python interactive interpreter has no command history

ThomasC ccw.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:48:15 EST 2007

On 2月16日, 上午1時14分, "Eduardo \"EdCrypt\" O. Padoan"
<eopad... at altavix.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > How to configure Python2.5's interactive interpreter to get command
> > history ?
>
> > I always got ^[[A and ^[[B .
>
> Are you using Ubuntu? The last comes with 2.4.x and 2.5. This only
> occurs on 2.5. This happens when you compile Python with libreadline
> installed, AFAIK.
> FIll a bug in the Ubuntu launchpad. You can install libreadline (and
> build-essential), download the 2.5 source and compile yourself.
>
> --
> EduardoOPadoan (eopadoan->altavix::com)
> Bookmarks:http://del.icio.us/edcrypt

I have fixed this issue by recompile python2.5 with libreadline and
libncursesw.
I run python on Zaurus, but Zaurus toolchain has no readline and
ncursesw libraries, so I add those libraries.
I have posted my experience on http://bean-pig.idv.tw/emb_study/archives/001059.html
Thanks a lot!!