Pep 3105: the end of print?

Edward K Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Fri Feb 16 10:07:02 EST 2007

>> That's the proof.  Can you find a flaw in it?
> No, but it doesn't matter. There's no particular reason why you have to
> write "print (whatever)" in your code. What you need is *some function*
> that is capable of duplicating the functionality of print,

Precisely wrong.  The title of this thread is 'the end of print', and the
whole point of my comments is that spelling matters.

I would have absolutely no objection to the pep if it specified some other
name for an 'official' print function.  Pick any name, preferably longer
than two characters, that does not conflict with either an existing global
function or module.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net