c++ for python programmers

Nicola Musatti nicola.musatti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 04:57:00 EST 2007

On Feb 12, 7:00 pm, "Thomas Nelson" <t... at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> I realize I'm approaching this backwards from the direction most
> people go, but does anyone know of a good c/c++ introduction for
> python programmers?

I don't think there's any book catering specifically for people coming
from dynamically typed languages. If you want a crash course try
"Accelerated C++", by Koenig & Moo; if you want something more gentle,
that may also serve as a reference, go for "C++ Primer", by Lippman,
Lajoie & Moo. Both books from Addison Wesley.

As for something freely available people speak well of Bruce Eckel's
"Thinking in C++", but I haven't read it: http://www.mindview.net/
Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti