Rational numbers

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:22:00 EST 2007

aleaxit at gmail.com wrote:

> On Feb 25, 3:09 pm, Fernando Perez <fperez.... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Alex, have you had a look at SAGE?
>>
>> http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/
>>
>> it uses GMP extensively, so they've had to patch it to work around these
>> issues.  You can look at the SAGE release (they package everything as the
>> original tarball + patches) for the GMP-specific stuff you need, though I
>> suspect you'll still want to play with SAGE a little bit :).  It's a
>> mighty impressive system.
>
> Thanks Fernando, I will take a look at that.

Just to save you a bit of time, if you unpack the source tarball, inside the
distro you'll find a bunch of .spkg files.  Those are really .tar.bz2 files
for each included package, containing the original plus any SAGE patches
and some install-related scripts.

The GMP .spkg has all the OSX patches, plus a few more.

Cheers,