Rational numbers

casevh at gmail.com casevh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 01:19:30 EST 2007

> Looks pretty much the same as mx.Number
>
> Does this warning come up from gmp? Do I have to compile it with
> different flags?
> Or do both wrappers use the same code?
>
> I would like to encourage the python community (i.e. the guys
> maintaining the python docs) to point out a recommended rational
> library. In one of the rational PEPs, it is stated that there are
> multiple robust rational wrappers for python. But it is not stated,
> which ones were thoroughly reviewed.

That specific error message is only a warning that occurs the first
time a comparison operation is performed. I've successfully used gmpy
and just ignored the one-time only error. You can use the "warnings"
module to filter out that error. If I remember correctly, it was fixed
in version 1.01. I know it is fixed in the SVN version.

Which specific version of gmpy are you using? (What is
gmpy.version()?)

I just compiled Alex's most recent SVN version on Linux without any
problems. I'll make Windows binaries next.

casevh