py2exe, library.zip and python.exe

Martin Evans martin at browns-nospam.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 06:01:25 EST 2007

I have converted a Python script using py2exe and have it set to not bundle
or compress. The result is my exe and all the support files including
library.zip (exactly as planned - nice job py2exe).

Question:  My py2exe application needs to be able to execute extra copies of
python.exe. I have placed python.exe in the same directory. It obviously
picks up the main python24.dll but how can I configure things so that it
would use the same library.zip for all the library files?  This would save
me having two sets of files.

(The py2exe application happens to be a twisted server app running as a
service which has the ability to launch python scripts as a logged on user)

Thanks,  Martin.