how to use Dispatch to open an application in win32com.client

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 17 18:00:19 EST 2007

En Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:47:23 -0300, vithi <vithi99 at hotmail.com> escribió:

> Hi
> Since I haven't see any help or tutorial on com there is a application
> is installed in the server I am login to the server then what code do
> I have to implement to launch the application registered in a server.
> how do I write a code to tell my computer to go in to the perticular
> server and launch program "XYZ "

Try to explain a bit better what do you want to do.
What is "the server"?
Do you want to open and execute a program on "another" computer?
Or is it on the "same" computer?

> do you think this code alone enough to go and look for  xyz
> application in the server, I don't get it
> Give me any sample code or more help. It help me a lot.
>  object = win32com.client.Dispatch("xyz.Application")

Does the manual for "xyz" say that it is a COM application?
Did someone told you that "xyz" works that way?
Did you find "xyz" actually registered as a COM application?
If not, forget about that line, won't work at all.

--
Gabriel Genellina