Python does not play well with others

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 1 21:19:16 EST 2007

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:

> Just a followup.  I'm still trying to get Python, MySQL, MySQLdb,
> M2Crypto, and maybe mod_python to work on a shared hosting server.

>From your description in the rest of the message, it seems that it's
the *hosting providers* who are unable to do this, not you.

> And these are companies that say they support Python.
>
> Python still isn't ready for prime time in the web hosting world.

That doesn't follow. It's just as valid to say that the web hosting
providers (that you've interacted with so far) aren't ready to support
the Python functionality you want.

--
 \                                          "To be is to do"  -- Plato |
  `\                                    "To do is to be"  -- Aristotle |