Python does not play well with others

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 4 13:59:08 EST 2007

Paul Rubin wrote:
> "George Sakkis" <george.sakkis at gmail.com> writes:
>>> What does "batteries included" mean to you?  To me, it means you don't
>>> have to install add-ons.
>> So let's make a 500MB executable and add Numpy, Zope, Django, PIL,
>> pretty much everything actually. Even better, make CheeseShop just a
>> frontend to a build system that adds and updates automatically
>> submitted packages to the core. Problem solved ! <wink>.
>
> Numpy should certainly be included and I think there are efforts in
> that direction.
As I understand it, the effort is directed towards elaborating the
current array module so that it handles multi-dimensional array.

This would be a good step but numpy os much more and is of minority
interest and so should probably not, in my opinion, be included in the
Python core.

Colin W.
There is also a movement to choose a web framework to