basic jython question

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 18 06:27:21 EST 2007

> On Feb 15, 1:53 pm, "Richard Brodie" <R.Bro... at rl.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Since the CPython module is heavily influenced by the native Javalogging
> > framework (and/or log4j), I would have thought that it would be easier
> > to create a Jython wrapper for those.

Agreed, but if you copy the logging folder from the CPython Lib folder
to the jython lib folder, it should work (except for use of other
modules which wouldn't perhaps be available under Java, such as
syslog, win32 etc.) - so files, console streams etc. should be OK.

Clearly, a facade over an existing system such as log4j or
java.util.logging would have the potential to perform better.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip