basic jython question

Gerard Flanagan grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 07:45:39 EST 2007

Hello all

I have a 'logger' module which is essentially just a facade over the
'logging' standard module. Can this be called from jython, and how is
this acheived? This is a colleague's question but I have no knowledge
of jython or java, and I can't install them at present in order to
figure it out.

It appears that the CPython logging builtin is not implemented in
Jython, is this correct?

The source for CPython's logging says that it should work with Python
>1.5.2, so given everything from Python2.4/Lib/Logging and my own
facade module, is there any way to get it working from a jython
script? I presume they just can't be dropped in to a "site-packages"
directory?  I'm completely in the dark, any help?

Gerard