WHAT IS THIS?

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Sat Feb 17 04:23:21 EST 2007

In <mailman.4131.1171695272.32031.python-list at python.org>, Shadab Sayani
wrote:
> --- Captain <bfritz at sprynet.com> wrote:
>
>> Just bought a new PC with Windows XP Media Edition. I gather Python is
>> a programming language, but I am wondering why it was installed on my
>> PC, and is it safe to remove it?  I have no intention of learning the
>> program.  Thanks in advance
>
> I think it is safe to remove it.As far as I know no windows OS core
> programs use python

But there must be a reason why the vendor installed Python.  So removing
it might break any service program preinstalled by the vendor of that
machine.

A good advice about installing an uninstalling software is:

If you don't know what it does and…

1. …it is not installed then don't install it.
2. …it is installed then don't uninstall it.

Or things may break.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch