WHAT IS THIS?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Feb 17 10:00:12 EST 2007

On 2007-02-17, Captain <bfritz at sprynet.com> wrote:

> Just bought a new PC with Windows XP Media Edition.  I have two entries in
> the "Add or Remove Programs" section of Control Panel, but there is no
> corresponding item in the Start Menu.  One entry says: Python 2.2.3 and the
> other says: Python 2.2 pywin32 extensions (build203)..  The size for each is
> 29.28mb.  I gather Python is a programming language, but I am wondering why
> it was installed on my PC, and is it safe to remove it?

Don't ask us, ask whoever installed it.   Many of the big PC
vendors (e.g. IBM/lenovo, Dell, HP/Compaq) install all sorts of
software on PCs they ship.  About half of them install programs
that are written in Python.

> I have no intention of learning the program.

It's required to run some of the programs that came on your PC.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hey, I LIKE that
                                  at               POINT!!