How to check for remaining hard drive space in Windows?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Feb 28 17:01:24 EST 2007

kevinliu23 wrote:
> Thanks so much for the help guys. I got the code Sick Monkey provided
> to work on my computer. Now I"m more confused than ever though. :) I
> thought the only standard modules provided by Python are listed here:
>
> http://docs.python.org/modindex.html
>
> But it appears that there are other modules available to me without
> having to download third party code. Could someone point me to the
> documentation of these other modules such as win32com.client? Thanks
> everyone for your help. :)

Chances are you're running the ActiveState distro
of Python. Either that or you downloaded the pywin32
extensions in your sleep:

   http://pywin32.sf.net

In any case, that's where the win32com.client and
friends come from. The installation normally supplies
a handy .chm file which gives all the docs.

> Also, how could I get the computer name?

You can do that with WMI as well. Just look at
the Win32_ComputerSystem object and its Caption
attribute:

TJG