installing "pysqlite"

Nader Emami emami at knmi.nl
Wed Feb 28 06:07:06 EST 2007

Paul Boddie wrote:
> On 27 Feb, 10:31, Nader Emami <e... at knmi.nl> wrote:
>> I have installed "TurboGears" and I would install 'pysqlite' also. I am
>> a user on a Linux machine. If I try to install the 'pysqlite' with
>> 'easy_install' tool I get the next error message. The error message is
>> longer than what I send here.
>
> [...]
>
>> src/connection.h:33:21: sqlite3.h: No such file or directory
>
> [...]
>
>> Could somebody tell me what I have to do to install 'pysqlite'?
>
> Install SQLite, perhaps? If the pysqlite build process can't find
> sqlite3.h then you either don't have SQLite installed, or you don't
> have the headers for SQLite installed. I'd recommend that you check
> your installed packages for the SQLite libraries (eg. libsqlite3-0 on
> Ubuntu) and/or the user interface (eg. sqlite3) and for the
> development package (eg. libsqlite3-dev).
>
> If you can't install the packages, install SQLite from source (see
> http://www.sqlite.org/) and try and persuade pysqlite to use your own
> SQLite installation - there's a setup.cfg file in the pysqlite
> distribution which may need to be changed to achieve this, but I don't
> know how that interacts with setuptools.
>
> Paul

Hello,

I am back with another problem. I suppose that I can tell it!
I have installed both, 'sqlite' and 'pysqlite' without any problem. But
If I try to test whether the 'pysqlite' interface works, I get the next
error message:

 >>>from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File
"/usr/people/emami/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysqlite2/dbapi2.py",
line 27, in ?
     from pysqlite2._sqlite import *
ImportError:
/usr/people/emami/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysqlite2/_sqlite.so:
undefined symbol: sqlite3_set_authorizer

I don't understand it. Could you tell me how I can solve this last
point? I hope so!

With regards,

Nader