pyopengl vs directpython

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Wed Feb 28 09:16:56 EST 2007

On Feb 28, 2:59 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <d... at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> OpenGL is platform-agnostic. If you ever want to reach people on linux or
> macs, use that.
>
> Beyond that I've got no idea which is technically superior - but John
> Carmack seems to favor OpenGL :)

To ask which is better, OpenGL or Direct3D, is trolling with flame
bait.

Both systems deliver excellent 3D graphics, and which is faster
depends on the video card.

There are also PyOGRE and Panda3D (from Disney), and PyGame (the
project seems to be torpid).

John Carmack denounced the Direct3D8. DirectPython uses Direct3D9 and
hides away the nasty COM-programming details.