Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Feb 19 16:26:12 EST 2007

Hendrik van Rooyen a écrit :
>  "Bruno Desthuilliers" <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
>

>>Stef Mientki a écrit :
>>(snip)
>>
>>>I've been using Python for just 2 months, and didn't try any graphical
>>>design,
>>
>>So how can you comment on GUI programming with Python ?
>

> I think we have a language problem here (no pun intended)
>
> When Stef says "Gui Programming" he means using something like
> Delphi or Boa to do the Graphical Layout, while on this group it
> normally means writing the python code to make your own windows
> etc., using Tkinter or better...

It's now the *3rd* time I mention Glade, wxGlade and QTDesigner in this
thread. Hendrik, I know *exactly* what Stef is talking about - been
here, done that.

> So from Stef's perspective he is right when he claims that Python's
> "Gui Programming" is poor - in the standard library it is non existent,
> as there are no Delphi-, Glade- or Boa-like tools available.
 >
> And one can argue that something like Boa or the WX.. packages are
> not Python, as they are not included in the standard library...

Then ObjectPascal his poor too. All the GUI part of Delphi is to
ObjectPascal what wxPython etc are to Python.

 From thiw POV, Python is much richer than ObjectPascal : you have at
least 3 or 4 usable GUI toolkits, at least two of them being
full-featured and cross-platform.