Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun Feb 18 08:56:18 EST 2007

Stef Mientki a écrit :
(snip)
> I'm not an (educated) programmer, so I don't always use the right terms :-(
> If I look at a well established program like DIA,
> and see that it still can't repaint it's screen always correctly, ...

I suppose you're talking about the Diagram drawing program Dia. If so, I
don't see how it is relevant to Python GUI programming since Dia is
written in C with the GTK toolkit. The stability problems you experience
  have probably more to do with the status of the Windows port of GTK
(which is originally a X toolkit).

> I've been using Python for just 2 months, and didn't try any graphical
> design,

So how can you comment on GUI programming with Python ?