Suggestions ?

Jeff jljames at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:50:23 EST 2007

Greetings,

I am new to programming and have heard so much about Python.  I have a
couple of books on Python and have been to python.org many times.

I am faced with a project at work where I need to develop a "searchable"
database to include training materials for new hires.    This will include
descriptions of the apps we support along with information on which group
supports them and will also include links within the descriptions to allow
users to navigate to other pertinent information.   I would like to lay the
master directory out in an index format and would like to include a search
window within the master index to provide a quick search to relative
documents.   I believe this is where Python will come in very handy as
opposed to MS Access for example.   I realize I may have to lay out the
master index in an HTML format.   I guess I have something else to learn now
as well.    Anyway, any ideas or suggestions on accomplishing this task
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance,

Jeff James