Which Object Database would you recommend for cross platform application?

Thomas Ploch Thomas.Ploch at gmx.net
Thu Feb 15 13:05:17 EST 2007

Hello folks,

I am currently developing an open source Event Managment software
(events in real-life, like concerts, exhibitions etc. :-) ) using wx for
the GUI, and I need an Object database. Since this is the first time I
actually need doing this, I wondered if anybody here could recommend
one. It can be fairly simple. It doesn't need threading support and will
only host one client (the application, but I am thinking about making
this database accessible via the web, but this is still far in the
future), although the database might get big (around 1GiB). It should be
available for linux, mac os and windows.

I looked into ZODB, but thats totally overloaded for my purpose. I
looked into Durus (a re-implementation of ZODB, but without this
overloaded stuff, but the documentation is very thin). Both of them
don't really appeal.

So I wondered if any of you could recommend one that (more or less) best
fits the described conditions.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas