c++ for python programmers

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 13 12:51:00 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:10:02 +0100, Maël Benjamin Mettler <mbm at mediamonger.ch> wrote:
> Thomas Nelson schrieb:

[top posting fixed]

>> I realize I'm approaching this backwards from the direction most
>> people go, but does anyone know of a good c/c++ introduction for
>> python programmers?

> Learning C++ is not worth is in my opinion, since you can get the OOP
> power from Python and use C if you need speed...

Well, C++ is a better language than C in many ways. So, if he needs to learn
one of them, why does it have to be C?

Another reason some people choose C++ over Python for some tasks is that
they feel that larger programs benefit from strong, static type checking.
I like both ways, but depending on the task, one or the other is better.

And then there's always the "my boss told me" reason, which seems to apply
to the OP.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!