Python, readline and OS X

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 1 19:34:56 EST 2007

Ron Garret wrote:
> I have installed Python 2.5 on my new Intel Mac but I can't for the life
> of me get readline to work.  I have libreadline installed, I've tried
> copying readline.so from my Python 2.3 installation into 2.5, I've
> searched the web, and no joy.  Could someone please give me a clue?
>
> rg

Does the info in a blog article that I wrote help?

http://www.razorvine.net/frog/user/irmen/article/2006-05-08/87

I used this when I compiled my Python 2.5 on my mac, and
it seemed to work ;-)

I'm now using the python.org binary distribution though and that seems to
contain a working readline as well.... ?

--Irmen