Is Python for me?

azrael jura.grozni at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 01:37:22 EST 2007

i hope you know that for this task, if you want it to be successfull,
you need a really big database. it sounds very simple to this. it
sounds like go through all possible permutations. before you start
writing any code take a pencil and a big paper and do some maths. i
sugesst you read and practise this for about a year about data
structures, algorithms and graph theory (just for the begining). Then
take a look on data mining and then incpect the era model so you can
design a good database.
Tic Tac Toe is a much easier problem and there are a lot of possible
different games (9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1=362 880  i dont consider the
rotations).

it's true that you learn best by solving a problem, but if stoped on
basic on higjschool, then you will need a lot of time to solve this
problem. If you remember basic than you should learn python according
to basic's possibillities in maximum a month. depending on talent and
spare time.

i sugesst you take some a "a little bit" easier problem to learn
python.

For this speciffic problem it shold be good to learn on other games. I
started about 7 years ago on tic tac toe and then with reversi.

You are from USA? I come from a differtent continent so i don't know
what you learn in schools. But if you didn't learn it, take a look on
statistics. very usefull. you should at least know what specific terms
mean althought python has them in the numpy module.

don't be afraid of all that i said. keep learning and it will pay off.
at the end when you crack the poker machine :-)
that's the life of a geek. learn , learn, learn and one day comes the
jackpot.