How do I print out in the standard output coloured lines

cniharral at gmail.com cniharral at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:09:29 EST 2007

On Feb 2, 1:38 pm, rzed <rzan... at gmail.com> wrote:
> cnihar... at gmail.com wrote innews:1170419225.989358.311600 at h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On Feb 2, 1:16 pm, rzed <rzan... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> cnihar... at gmail.com wrote
> >> innews:1170417631.268771.108090 at v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

> >> You could speed up the process if you explain what your
> >> application is and what you mean by colored lines. Does your
> >> application emit output to a plotter, an ink-jet printer, or a
> >> color laser printer? Is it a drawing program? An editor in
> >> which you want lines colored to highlight context? It might be
> >> useful to know what system you are running as well. Just a
> >> little detail here.
>
> >> --
> >> rzed
>
> > Well, yes, it's a program that prints out lines to the standard
> > output with a print command, and I want to print them coloured.
> > For example:
>
> > print "Hello World!!"
>
> > I want it in red colour.
>
> > That's all.
>
> If you're on Linux, you could use the curses module. There may be
> a precompiled Windows version compatible with your Python version,
> or maybe not, but the Windows source is available, and you may be
> able to get it to work with your Python with some effort. Linux
> distros include curses, I think. For Windows curses, take a look
> at <http://adamv.com/dev/python/curses/>. You will understand why
> the phrase "Windows curses" is used, I expect.
>
> --
> rzed

Yes, I'm on a Linux box. I've tried with the curses module, but I
don't how I could fetch the current use of curses of my shell. I don't
know if I'm talking about something impossible. I've made some tests
with the curses module and works fine, but I need to capture the
current window and change the attributes of texts.

Carlos Niharra López