How do I print out in the standard output coloured lines

rzed rzantow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 07:38:43 EST 2007

cniharral at gmail.com wrote in
news:1170419225.989358.311600 at h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> On Feb 2, 1:16 pm, rzed <rzan... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> cnihar... at gmail.com wrote
>> innews:1170417631.268771.108090 at v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > Hi,
>>
>> >   I'm interested in printing out coloured lines of my
>> >   application and
>> > I don't know what to use. Can anybody give me an idea??
>>
>> You could speed up the process if you explain what your
>> application is and what you mean by colored lines. Does your
>> application emit output to a plotter, an ink-jet printer, or a
>> color laser printer? Is it a drawing program? An editor in
>> which you want lines colored to highlight context? It might be
>> useful to know what system you are running as well. Just a
>> little detail here.
>>
>> --
>> rzed
>
> Well, yes, it's a program that prints out lines to the standard
> output with a print command, and I want to print them coloured.
> For example:
>
> print "Hello World!!"
>
> I want it in red colour.
>
> That's all.

If you're on Linux, you could use the curses module. There may be
a precompiled Windows version compatible with your Python version,
or maybe not, but the Windows source is available, and you may be
able to get it to work with your Python with some effort. Linux
distros include curses, I think. For Windows curses, take a look
at <http://adamv.com/dev/python/curses/>. You will understand why
the phrase "Windows curses" is used, I expect.

--
rzed