_ssl.pyd is buggy?

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Tue Feb 13 12:40:20 EST 2007

> I was using _ssl.pyd to upload files to DAV server over ssl and
> found it to be a problem.  I upgraded to Python 2.5 and the problem
> was fixed.  I don't know if it is the same problem that is affecting
> you, but I couldn't get it to work on 2.4.
>
> FYI, Larry

I just installed Python 2.5 and now I do not get the error message in
the event log. But the service still cannot be stopped and does not log
anything. I'm using the logging module and RotatingFileHandler, so the
service should start logging into a new file immediately after startup.
According to the event log, the service is started, but it does nothing.
If I start the same program as an application, it works fine. The
program only uses the standard lib. Any ideas, what can be the problem?

Thanks,

   Laszlo