Python does not play well with others

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sat Feb 3 11:55:09 EST 2007

Paul Rubin schrieb:
> "Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> writes:
>> This is simply not true. J2SE doesn't include a web-framework. J2EE
>> does, but it's a separate multi-megabyte-download.
>
> I thought J2SE comes with JSP.  Maybe that's not a "framework" in the
> fancy sense though.

JSP is also part of J2EE.

http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/

"""
Another key concern of the Java EE 5 specification has been the
alignment of its webtier technologies, namely JavaServer Pages (JSP),
JavaServer Faces (JSF), and JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
"""

>> PHP _is_ a web centered language, so to say it "includes" a
>
>> And _both_ of them don't contain DB connectivity modules! J2SE has
>> JDBC - which is just a bunch of interfaces. You need to download each
>> and every driver.
>
> Hmm, I thought it came with drivers.  Maybe those come with the db
> instead?

Might be, for some. For others where the vendor doesn't care about Java,
they aren't.

And they certainly require special treatment like putting them in the
classpath, setting up the project directory and the like - no simple
import will work out of the box, as it would witch python standard lib
drivers.

diez