Python design project

joshbloom at gmail.com joshbloom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 20:49:52 EST 2007

On Feb 5, 4:09 am, solric... at hotmail.com wrote:
> I think I need to explain the things better I think, so I do;
>
> First answering the questions above; I think i have to explain the
> project more.
>
> With type I mean; typography/fonts/characters.. For my final exam I
> created the idea to treath fonts as a living organisms.
> There for I want to create with the help of somebody, a little program
> were i can import vector based fonts, and when they are imported they
> "turn alive"
> By turn alive I mean; they move random over the work area, opacity
> changing, changing of size/color, merge together ans some more things,
> little fonts changing.
>
> Because my python skills are zero, I'm looking for a partner which can
> help me. I'm working On mac, but windows is not a problem.

Hi Solrick,

This sounds like some interesting stuff. I'd love to discuss it some
more with you and maybe work with you on it.

Some things to think about:

   1. Rules for Font interactions. What happens when fonts 'hit' each
other, or 'live' long enough to reproduce andmutate maybe?
   2. What parts of the fonts can change. height, width, scale,
kerning, serifs, color, transparency, etc
   3. Python may not be the best environment for this application.
Flash might be alot faster to get something going in as its designed
for animating vectors and has a solid programming language behind it
to write in your rules logic.

Best,
Josh