main

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 3 03:51:56 EST 2007

En Sat, 03 Feb 2007 02:37:11 -0300, Paddy <paddy3118 at netscape.net>
escribió:

>> and what is
>> __name__
>> __main__
>>
>> use for in terms of Java?
>>

> With respect, (hehe), maybe you need to indicate that you've searched
> the Python documentation on __name__ and __main__?
> (Hah! I did that without saying RTFM. - Oh pooh! Fiddlesticks).

Have you acually tried to do the search? The Python tutorial doesn't
menction that at all. And no one should expect that a beginner would have
to read section 26.3 on the Language Reference (__main__ -- Top-level
script environment) just to know what's that stuff about __name__  and

--
Gabriel Genellina