installing "pysqlite"

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Feb 27 06:44:45 EST 2007

On 27 Feb, 10:31, Nader Emami <e... at knmi.nl> wrote:
> I have installed "TurboGears" and I would install 'pysqlite' also. I am
> a user on a Linux machine. If I try to install the 'pysqlite' with
> 'easy_install' tool I get the next error message. The error message is
> longer than what I send here.

[...]

> src/connection.h:33:21: sqlite3.h: No such file or directory

[...]

> Could somebody tell me what I have to do to install 'pysqlite'?

Install SQLite, perhaps? If the pysqlite build process can't find
sqlite3.h then you either don't have SQLite installed, or you don't
have the headers for SQLite installed. I'd recommend that you check
your installed packages for the SQLite libraries (eg. libsqlite3-0 on
Ubuntu) and/or the user interface (eg. sqlite3) and for the
development package (eg. libsqlite3-dev).

If you can't install the packages, install SQLite from source (see
http://www.sqlite.org/) and try and persuade pysqlite to use your own
SQLite installation - there's a setup.cfg file in the pysqlite
distribution which may need to be changed to achieve this, but I don't
know how that interacts with setuptools.

Paul