installing "pysqlite"

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Feb 27 10:53:41 EST 2007

On 27 Feb, 16:34, Nader Emami <e... at knmi.nl> wrote:

> I have first installed "sqlite" and then I have configure the
> "setup.cfg" file of "pysqlite" package. I had to do two things in
> 'pysqlite' directory:
> 1- python setup.py build
> 2- python setup.py install
>
> It has done without any error. I suppose that the installation is well
> done, but I haven't yet test whether I can import the 'pysqlite' module
> in python. But how you mean about "PYTHONPATH"? If I do "echo
> $PYTHONPAT" i get an empty string. That meant that I don't have any
> "PYTHONPATH". How can I assign a correct "path" to this variable?

I was getting ahead of myself and forgot that you may have a version
of Python that you installed yourself from source. If so, "python
setup.py install" (without specifying --prefix) should put the package
in the right place so that you don't have to worry about PYTHONPATH.

Just try and "import pysqlite2", then see if it worked or not.

Paul