Is Python Right for Me?

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Fri Feb 2 20:02:28 EST 2007

On Feb 2, 2:26 pm, Mister Newbie <n... at n00b.n00b.n00b> wrote:
> "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote innews:mailman.3475.1170447779.32031.python-list at python.org:
>

> > "Mister Newbie" <n... at n00b.n00b.n00b> wrote in message
> >news:Xns98CB9A2CC9C3Bn00b at 208.49.80.253...
> >|I want to make small, 2D games. I have no programming experience. Is
> > Python
> >| a good choice?
>
> > Possibly.  There is an add-on package called pygame that is, I
> > believe, 2d oriented.  Seewww.pygame.org
> > There is also an associated mailing list, which you can also read via
> > news.gmane.org as newsgroup gmane.comp.python.pygame.
>
> > tjr
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out.- Hide quoted text -

It may be good to check out other packages even if it is more
trouble.  My laptop (windows) doesn't like pygame, and has some
trouble with directpy (island won't show up in the demo).  More info
can be found about this trouble in the documentation for panda3d.  I
would also suggest that opengl isn't a good choice because of
complexity of the install and updated version of the .dll that you end
up with when you try to install gimp..  For 2d stuff it is all 2d
array stuff so all you realy need is point and 2d arrays although that
is better handeled by the ui..