Python does not play well with others

Paul Rubin http
Fri Feb 2 14:10:04 EST 2007

"Paul Boddie" <paul at boddie.org.uk> writes:
> If the hosting provider doesn't want to install MySQLdb then it may
> not be a technical issue - perhaps they just can't be bothered to
> install it, possibly because there's no demand or benefit to the
> bottom line in doing so.

Why should the hosting provider need to devote attention to something
like that?  MySQLdb or something like it should be included with
Python, not added separately by the hosting provider.  Python is
really making more demands on hosting providers than comparable
languages do.  PHP hosting providers don't have to install a separate
PHP to MySQL interface gizmo as far as I know.