No module named pyExcelerator Error

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sun Feb 11 20:16:34 EST 2007

On Feb 12, 11:55 am, "susan" <silverbeac... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new of Python, and this problem stucked me whole day but can't be
> solved.
>
> I use python 2.4.3, which is download from cygwin packages.

Is your Python installation working properly for you with other
things, or is installing pyExcelerator the first thing that you have
tried?

> Then I
> downloaded pyexcelerator-0.5.3a, unzip it,

Is that "5" a typo? The latest version is 0.6.3a

> $ python ./pyExcelerator/setup.py install

Try this instead:
$ cd pyExcelerator
$ python ./setup.py install

i.e. do what the pyExcelerator README tells you to do.
"""
0x0003. Installation.
As usually: python ./setup.py install
"""
This may make a positive difference; it can't be worse.

HTH,
John