No module named pyExcelerator Error

susan silverbeach06 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 19:55:35 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm new of Python, and this problem stucked me whole day but can't be
solved.

I use python 2.4.3, which is download from cygwin packages. Then I
downloaded pyexcelerator-0.5.3a, unzip it,

$ python ./pyExcelerator/setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
package init file 'pyExcelerator/__init__.py' not found (or not a
regular file)
copying pyExcelerator/setup.py -> build/lib/pyExcelerator
package init file 'pyExcelerator/__init__.py' not found (or not a
regular file)
running install_lib
copying build/lib/pyExcelerator/setup.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-
packages/pyE
xcelerator
byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyExcelerator/setup.py
to setup.
pyc

But 'pyExcelerator/__init__.py' is absolutely there, I don't know why
I got the warning. Then I tried to import pyExcelerator,
>>> import pyExcelerator
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named pyExcelerator

anybody can tell me where's wrong please? Thanks in advance!