c++ for python programmers

Andy Terrel andy.terrel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:30:12 EST 2007

On Feb 12, 4:11 pm, "Thomas Nelson" <t... at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 1:35 pm, andrew clarke <m... at ozzmosis.com> wrote:
>
> > Thomas, I sent you a message off-list but it bounced due to your mailbox
> > being full.

> > ask your C/C++ questions there.
>
> > Regards
> > Andrew
>
> I have to edit a large C++ project written by someone else.  My email
> address
> above is incorrect; replace mail with cs.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Thomas

To learn C I recommend K&R (Kernigahn and Richie), for C++ I like
Savitch's book, Absolute C++. I too learned python then c/c++.  Also I
would disagree with the people saying never to use C++, it will run
much faster for computationally intensive programs.  It will make you
a better python programmer, you get to see how things are done "under
the hood".