dont loose packages

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Mon Dec 31 22:47:34 EST 2007

Oguz Yarimtepe wrote:
> I am trying to write a program that will work on a machine which
> is between a client and a server. What i want is to simulate the
> bridging process. So the program should take the packages and able
> to send them to the other interface. I dont want to loose package
> and i want efficiency.

Okay, you just want to simulate? For efficiency, you'd best use
kernel packet filtering, e. g. netfilter (for GNU/Linux).

> I tried to write a program in a multithreaded way

Why? There isn't even any concurrency, just reading and writing
packets in a linear fashion.

> I am not sure the right way to solve the problem with Python. I
> will be happy if you help me with your ideas?

I think the most direct way would be using raw sockets. You could
need to have root/administrator privileges.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #126: