OpenOpt install

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:59:11 EST 2007

OK, in fact distutils can compile every python script without a problem as
long as it is in a package. For instance every solver is in the solvers
folder, but there is no __init__.py file there, so distutils cannot compile
the scripts that are in the subfolders, it is logical.
What you have to do is to modify your oo.py file so that it does not add all
subfolders to the sys.path. Besides, if someone has a subfoler that is named
after one of our folders, the whole scikit can crash : the purpose of
namespaces is to avoid this, so we must use them adequately (that is
scikit.openopt.*), even if it means that the whole scikit architecture must
be rethought.

Matthieu

--
French PhD student