OpenOpt install

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:23:07 EST 2007

Hi,

My solution was the correct way to go, IIRC, only a few changes were to be
done so that those files were detected correctly (I think there were some
__init__.py files that were not present this may have to do with the fact
that you add a lot of additional paths in sys.path when you load openopt,
but I already told you we should simplify this).

Matthieu

2007/12/18, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org>:

> When earlier OpenOpt versions had been installed there were no
> compiled pyc-files (in destination directory). I called to mailing
> list but no obvious receipt had been achieved. Matthieu had done some
> changes but it yielded other mistakes (no some py-files detected or
> kind of), so I had removed those changes and write my own, for to have
> OO py-files being compiled when installed, because next time when they
> will be run user may not have root permissions, so he will recompile
> source files each time OO starts.
>
> On Dec 17, 10:27 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > dmitrey wrote:
> > > Use
> > > python setup.py install
> >
> > People should be able to run the distutils commands independently.
> >
> > What are you trying to achieve with this block of code that follows the
> setup()
> > call?
> >
> >     new_name = 'tmp55'
> >     os.rename('scikits', new_name)
> >     newPath = []
> >     for directory in sys.path:
> >         if not 'scikits' in directory: newPath.append(directory)#
> something
> > wrong with list.remove()
> >     sys.path = newPath
> >     import scikits
> >     reload(scikits)
> >     Path = scikits.__path__[0]
> >     NewPath = os.path.join(Path, 'openopt')
> >     rmtree(NewPath, True) # True means ignore errors
> >     copytree(os.path.join(os.path.curdir, new_name, 'openopt'), NewPath)
> >     NewPath = Path
> >     compileall.compile_dir(NewPath)
> >
> >     os.rename(new_name, 'scikits')
> >
> > This just looks like a really bad idea.
> >
> > --
> > Robert Kern
> >
> > "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
> enigma
> >  that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though
> it had
> >  an underlying truth."
> >   -- Umberto Eco
>
> --