Best way to protect my new commercial software.

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Fri Dec 14 21:39:11 EST 2007

On 14 Des, 11:42, Wolfgang Draxinger <wdraxin... at darkstargames.de>
wrote:

> > I will not make reverse engineering impossible, but it will be
> > extremely difficult.
>
> No. It's just a matter of reading the decrypted bytecode from
> memory.

Ok, let med rephrase that: It may not be difficult to you. But the
average user will be incapable of doing it. I don't think it will be
possible to copy-protect any program against someone with your level
of competence. Neither computer programming nor this kind of reverse
engineering are common skills. But most users of computers are capable
of copying a program to a USB-stick and use the program somewhere
else.