which configparse?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:14:24 EST 2007

Martin Marcher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12/6/07, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> configparse looks like what I want, but it seems last commit was >2years
>> ago.
>>
>> What is the best choice?
>
> that seems like configparse is the best choice.

Thanks.  I see something right off that should be improved in configparse.

In OptionParser.__init__, a hard-coded list of arguments is passed to the
base _OptionParser.  This (predictably) is no longer current - OptionParser
now has one more optional argument.

I suspect the correct thing to do here is to allow configparse.OptionParser
to accept error_handler only as a keyword arg, and then strip it out,
passing all other args to _OptionParser.__init__.