why only an msi-installer for windows ?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Dec 18 16:38:05 EST 2007

On 18 dic, 15:54, Stef Mientki <stef.mien... at gmail.com> wrote:

> having a lot of trouble installing 2.5 (without affecting my stable 2.4),
> I wonder why there's only a msi installer for windows users ?

What's your problem? I have five versions installed (2.1, 2.3, 2.4,
2.5 and svn) and they coexist peacefully. Just make sure when
installing 2.5: a) use a different directory (obviously!) b) don't
associate .py extension with this new version.
Regarding the standard library, Python tries to locate it based on
where the executable (python.exe) resides, so this should not be a
problem. Better if you don't set a PYTHONPATH environment variable
(usually there is no need to do that; if required, you can extend the
search path using .pth files instead)

--
Gabriel Genellina