"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Mon Dec 3 16:04:58 EST 2007

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:11:19 +0000, Neil Cerutti wrote:

> To paraphrase Bertrand Russell, Newton was too successful.
> Over-veneration of Newton was eventually an impediment to progress--this
> was not, of course, his fault.

Given that the veneration of Newton was very much a product of Newton's
efforts at self-promotion, there's a good case to make that it was his
fault. He was a man of contradictions (as we all are, but he more so than
normal): on the one hand he was secretive and uncommunicative, on the
other he insisted on being given priority whenever possible, even in
doubtful cases, and absolutely refused to share the stage with anyone.

--
Steven