Python DLL in Windows Folder

Markus Gritsch m.gritsch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:07:14 EST 2007

On 24/12/2007, Markus Gritsch <m.gritsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/12/2007, Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe.de> wrote:
> > * Markus Gritsch (Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:28:41 +0100)

> > > Yes.
> >
> > If you choose "install just for me" it doesn't.
>
> Interesting.  Therefore you asked me if I am sure :)  Does this mean,
> that COM stuff does not work when installing Python "just for me"?

Indeed, pywin32 stops working :(  I installed Python "just for me",
then I installed pywin32-210, and now Pythonwin.exe is not able to
start.  So for this scenario it seems to be necessary, that the Python
DLL is installed into the system32 folder.

Maybe the Python installer should issue a warning that pywin32 will
not be able to work when using the option "just for me"?

Kind regards,
Markus