Python DLL in Windows Folder

Ross Ridge rridge at caffeine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 28 19:49:04 EST 2007

Chris Mellon <arkanes at gmail.com> wrote:
>It's worth pointing out that when the choice was made,Windows didn't
>support SxS at all and there was no toolchain for it.

Python 2.5 was released on September 16, 2006, Python 2.4 on November
30, 2004, and Python 2.3 on July 29, 2003.  Windows first supported
assembly manifests in Windows XP, which was released on October 25, 2001.
There have been plenty of opportunities to add assembly manifests to
the Python installer, if the developers were willing.

Note also that private side-by-side DLL installation using .local files
has been supported since Windows 98SE.

						Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU